Our Emigrant Support Programme (ESP) supports Irish communities overseas by funding non-profit organisations and projects. This allows us to develop more strategic links with the global Irish and to support frontline welfare services that help the most vulnerable members of our overseas communities.
We are interested in funding projects which seek to fulfil one or more of the following objectives:
- Celebrate, maintain and strengthen the links between Ireland and the Global Irish;
- Address the diverse and evolving needs of Irish emigrants, especially the elderly, disadvantaged and vulnerable;
- Facilitate access to statutory and voluntary services in their country of residence for Irish emigrants;
- Foster a more vibrant sense of community and of Irish identity;
- Further the outcomes of the Global Irish Economic Forum;
- Support business networks to connect Irish people to each other at home and abroad;
- Research and define the emerging needs of Irish communities abroad;
- Support development of new ways to communicate and connect with the increasingly diverse global Irish, including non-traditional diasporas;
- Improve awareness and understanding of the emigrant and diaspora experience.
You should apply to the Emigrant Support Programme using the online application form only. We do not accept any hard copy applications.
The deadline for applying is 24th February by 5.30pm AEDT.
These documents will help you in the application process: