The Drew Transatlantic Connections 3 Conference will take place in Bundoran, County Donegal, Ireland
from Wednesday January 13th – Sunday January 17th 2016.
Panel topics include Peace Studies, Diaspora Studies, Film and Media, Music, History, Literature, Medical Humanities (specifically trauma, mental health and the arts), Creative, Surf Culture and An Ghaeilge.
The website is www.taccireland.com and the closing date for proposals for papers or panels is November 1st 2015.
This is an open conference – undergrads, graduates and faculty are welcome to submit papers, but so also are local enthusiasts/business people/activists. The main objective is to have meaningful, authentic conversations, and connect those in Irish-American academia to those who live and work around the border counties.
Keynote speakers will include Bruce Morrison, Michael MacDonald, Mike Nesbitt, Christine Kinealy, Kevin Cullen, and Louise O¹Neill.
The conference is especially interested in obtaining proposals relating to the following areas:
- Diaspora experiences, and non-Irish diaspora experiences, similarities between Irish & non-Irish diaspora experiences
- Ulster-Scots culture (literature, arts, music)
- Conflict, trauma and healing through the arts/ Mental health and conflict
- Surf culture and gender/race
- Women¹s history in the revolutionary period 1914-1922
- Irish in US history/ Irish in US writing